|The Duchy School Bradninch|
|Bowley Meadow, Townlands, Bradninch, EX5 4RF, UK Exeter|
+44 (0)1392 881482
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
The Duchy School is situated in the heart of the Mid-Devon countryside and accommodates 210 children. The building was completed in 1995 and was extended to include a purpose-built Foundation classroom in 2002. There are 7 classrooms in all (one per Year group) which are well-resourced with interactive whiteboards and computers. In addition both Key Stages have computer suites and each Key Stage 2 class has 6 laptops. We have a large school hall for assemblies, concerts and indoor P.E. and are particularly lucky to have extensive outdoor play facilities with a school field, playground and all weather sports surface. Children are able to explore our pond area with their teachers and enjoy numerous playtime activities supervised by our experienced Play leaders.
We aim to:
- Provide a curriculum which is stimulating and creative and inspires
children to want to learn irrespective of their ability.
- Enable the children to become responsible, independent thinkers
- Provide all children with the skills to be able to communicate with
- Provide them with the skills and opportunity to explore different
languages and cultures.
- Enable the children to appreciate the diverse nature of the cultures,
abilities and faiths of others, so helping them to show tolerance and
- Encourage the children to value others and develop a sense of selfworth.
- Provide children with the essential skills for life, so that they can
make a living in a way that is fulfilling, enjoyable and responsible.
- Promote the understanding and effective use of technology as a way
of inspiring children and enhancing access to the curriculum.
- Encourage the appreciation of the creative and performing arts.
- Create an environment in which all children feel safe and valued.
- Encourage the children to make the most of the experiences
brought into the school from the wider community and to play a
positive role in the wider world.
- Ensure the children lead a healthy life by providing regular physical
activities and offering them many sporting opportunities; by
teaching them the importance of eating healthily and providing
them with healthy meals.
All state schools follow the National Curriculum which is intended to
ensure that all children will be taught what is considered to be essential,
with regular checks on their progress. You can see the National
Curriculum documents at any time at the school. The Duchy School has
its own policy documents devised and monitored by the staff and
Governing Body. These include policies on R.E., Health Education
(including Sex Education), Special Needs and Religious Education.
In the case of RE, Collective Worship and Sex Education parents have the
right to withdraw their child from the lessons. The school or parents may
provide supervision and alternative activities during these sessions.
|ADDITIONAL SCHOOL ACTIVITIES|
At present there are many sporting clubs: netball, rounders, athletics, tag
rugby, basketball and football. Other clubs include: creative arts, chess,
debating, orienteering, computer/touch typing. Instrumental tuition can
be arranged with specialist teachers so do please ask if you are
interested. From time to time we run short courses lasting for a few
weeks and you will be notified of these as, and when, they occur.
primary schools in Exeter,
secondary schools in Exeter,
schools in Exeter