|The Park Community School|
|Park Lane, EX32 9AX, UK Barnstaple|
+44 (0)1271 373131
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
The Park Community School is an 11 - 16 school serving a catchment area in the town Barnstaple North Devon.
Our status as a Community School strengthens the partnership
with parents and the home, extending to the wider community our
total commitment to high expectations, academic excellence,
achievement and success for all. A good education matters for
everyone, with a broad range of provision extending well beyond
Our central aim is to provide the highest quality of education which
promotes academic excellence and achievement for each of our
students within a secure and purposeful environment which young
people find stimulating, respond to - and enjoy!
To achieve this, we
shall work as a community:
- to promote learning and high expectations
- to promote personal growth
- to provide a challenging and relevant curriculum
- to interpret the world and plan ahead
- to develop the school community for everyone
Education is our investment in the future. Our world demands ever
higher qualifications and an extended range of skills, abilities and
insights. By providing challenge, and a sensible balance of
competition and co-operation, we seek to develop each individual’s
character and confidence.
Our central aim is to secure achievement:
Achievement = Ability + Motivation and Determination + Self Confidence and Self Belief
Our Curriculum is:
- Broad and balanced.
- Matched to the needs of individuals.
- Built upon a wide variety of teaching approaches.
- Designed to ensure continuity within and across Key Stages
from Primary School to post 16 Further Education.
- Aimed at securing progress and realising maximum
- Clearly focused upon learning within a school community.
- Extended to promote partnership between the school and its
- Dedicated to working for quality
Our week is arranged into 30 lessons of 50 minutes, providing 25
hours of subject teaching plus registration and Tutor/assembly
time. The timetable is actually written over two weeks - producing
'Week 1' and 'Week 2' on the School Calendar.
We have developed a wide network of links, principally with the
North Devon College. The vast majority of students recognise the
value of continuing their education well beyond 16 and over 90% of
students regularly enrol on courses. During the Autumn Term each
year Further Education staff visit the school to explain to students
and parents the opportunities that are available for further study:
positive counselling seeks to ensure that appropriate courses are
followed by each student.
primary schools in Barnstaple,
secondary schools in Barnstaple,
schools in Barnstaple