|Ashley Road, Uffculme, EX15 3AY, UK Cullompton|
+44 (0)1884 840282
Uffculme Primary School is a lively, happy school with an emphasis on
developing the whole child. Our guiding principle is to promote the
highest possible quality of learning for all who study here, while
developing each child's social and academic abilities to the full. To
achieve this we encourage open communication between staff, parents and
children, thus creating the strong partnership between home and school
that is vital to success. Families are always made to feel welcome at
school and links with the local community are strong.
Our school is small enough for us all to know each pupil personally
and we hope that you and your child will be happy to become part of our
Uffculme Primary School aims to:
- Develop lively, enquiring minds together with a desire to learn, to question, to argue rationally and to apply themselves intelligently to tasks.
- Develop positive qualities of human feeling and imagination and an appreciation of human achievement and endeavour.
- Acquire knowledge and skills relevant to the changing world, which will later help them in both work and leisure.
- Respect the religious, spiritual and moral values of others, while considering thoughtfully their own attitudes, values and beliefs.
- Understand the history and present condition of their own society, the world in which they live, and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
- Develop a sense of self-respect, individual worth and a sense of self-motivation and self-fulfilment, whilst at the same time retaining the ability to live and work in co-operation with others.
- To encourage the children to achieve the highest standards in their work and to make good progress.
- To support children to develop the self-confidence to respond positively to challenge.
At present we have seven classes, one class of reception, one class Year 1, one class Year 2, one class Year 3, one class Year 4, one class Year 5 and one class year 6. Teachers are grouped in planning teams, this ensures expertise is used effectively and facilitates continuity and progression.
Each class has a class teacher who will take the children for the majority of their lessons. There will also be times when staff interchange, so that as many children as possible benefit from the expertise of individuals and so that staff and children get to know one another.
The older children will usually have the opportunity to spend a week at a residential camp during the autumn term as part of the school curriculum.
Due to the co-operation and commitment of staff and willing parents, we are able to provide a range of extra-curricular activities such as gymnastics, swimming, craft club, football and basketball. Many of these activities are seasonal and operate on a rotational basis. We are always looking for volunteers who will help.
primary schools in Cullompton,
secondary schools in Cullompton,
schools in Cullompton