|Victoria Road Primary School|
|Trelawney Avenue, St Budeaux, PL5 1RH, UK Plymouth|
+44 (0)1752 365411
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
Our school is a community primary school designed for children aged 4 – 11 years and is maintained by Plymouth L.E.A. Our recent SureStart Children’s Centre provideS facilities from birth to age 4 years.
The school was opened in 1904 and we have 10 class bases in the main building. The school has a library, resource area, learning support room and a comprehensive ICT suite. We are near completion of an extensive refurbishment. The school hall, which has just been extended, incorporates a dining area and kitchen. This is also used for P.E. and assemblies.
- to encourage children to become independent thinkers with a sense of
self-respect and individual worth.
- to develop respect for themselves, the school community, their locality
and so develop citizenship.
- to develop an understanding of the world in which we live, their
environment and the effect they have upon it.
- to provide for the children’s spiritual, moral, physical and mental well
- to maintain high standards of behaviour by promoting self discipline and
respect for the needs and wishes of others.
- to provide broad and balanced learning experiences which foster high
standards and enable any child to achieve their full potential in all subjects.
- to continue to make provision for children with Special Educational Needs.
- to promote effective and efficient management and administration leading
- to high standards of staff development for the benefit of staff and the children
in our care.
- to continue to develop sound links between Victoria Road School, the parents
and the local community.
The National Curriculum is taught throughout the school including a curriculum specifically designed to address the Early Learning Goals and meet the needs of those children in the Foundation Stage.
The National Curriculum comprises:
Five Core subjects English, Mathematics, Science, R.E. (Religious Education)
And I.C.T. (Information and Communication Technology)
Foundation subjects History, Geography, D.T. (Design Technology), Music, Art
P.E. (Physical Education)
In addition to this we also make time for a Personal, Social and Health Education and Citizenship, some of which is taught through other subjects, such as Science or R.E.
These activities are run during lunch times and after school and include:-
Choir, recorders, guitars, flute, football, netball, tag rugby, cricket, cross country, hockey, computer club, math’s club, typing skills etc.
primary schools in Plymouth,
secondary schools in Plymouth,
schools in Plymouth