|West Alvington C E Primary School|
|West Alvington, TQ7 3PP, UK Kingsbridge|
+44 (0)1548 852002
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
West Alvington is a Voluntary Controlled Church of England Primary school, and although Christian values are built into our ethos and teaching, all children are welcome whatever their family beliefs.
At West Alvington we endeavour to provide all children with a safe and secure environment that sets high standards and encourages children to work to their potential.
The key feature of our school is the caring family atmosphere, through which we offer praise, encouragement and support when things are going well, and forgiveness, reconciliation and guidance when mistakes are made. As well as providing a broad and balanced curriculum, we encourage children to develop in many ways. We strive to nurture their talents and to equip them with the skills they will need throughout life. As education moves forward, those involved in it are constantly faced with exciting new challenges and demands. Central to all of them, however, must be the child – your child.
At West Alvington Church of England Primary School we aim to:
- maintain the highest standard of teaching in an ordered and caring atmosphere and inspire a positive attitude to learning and life.
- foster a positive partnership with parents through regular and effective participation and communication.
- nurture the spiritual and social awareness of our children to encourage tolerance, co-operation and respect of others.
- enable every child to achieve their potential and develop their own sense of self esteem.
- help children develop lively enquiring minds and apply themselves with perseverance.
- make children aware of the importance of the local and global community and their role within it.
We recognise that for most children starting school aged four, it will be their first encounter of living within a much larger community. Individuals need varying amounts of time to acquire the social skills needed to feel secure enough to benefit fully from the exciting range of resources and activities provided.
Through carefully structured play, plus the more organised tasks, the children develop knowledge, understanding and key skills in the six areas of learning which provide a sound basis for later education, and are known as the Early Learning Goals.
KS1 Art Club with Mrs. Walker Monday 3.15 - 4pm 14/5, 21/5,,4/6
Sewing Club with Mrs. Stich Monday 3.15 - 4pm 14/5, 21/5, 4/6
Warhammer Club with Max Styles Thursday 12.30 - 1pm
Football Club with Neville Watts at KCC Key Stage 1 and 2 Girls and Boys Tuesday 3.30 - 4.30pm
Girls Football Club with Neville Watts Wednesday 12-12.30pm
Samba Drumming with Jamie Robertson and Mr Butler Tuesday 3.30 - 4pm
Drama Club for Show to be confirmed. All staff
Maths Club for Year 6 with Miss Docking Monday to Thursday 8.30 - 9am first half of term
Kwik Cricket with Mr Butler Monday 3.15-4.30pm 14/5, 21/5,,4/6,18/6
primary schools in Kingsbridge,
secondary schools in Kingsbridge,
schools in Kingsbridge