|Whipton Barton Junior School|
|Hill Lane, EX1 3JP, UK Exeter|
+44 (0)1392 466072
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
Whipton Barton Junior School seeks to serve its local community and believes that young people learn best in a spirit of partnership between home, school and the wider community. The Whipton, and wider community, is seen as that area outside of the immediate school grounds, which can provide a valuable resource in terms of people and experiences to aid and enrich our pupils learning.
- education is a partnership based on the mutual respect between pupils, parents, carers, school staff and the community, who share joint responsibility to develop experiences in education and life
- that the school and campus stands in an influential position to raise expectations within the Whipton Community
- that through working with our community and learning about our community we enrich, stimulate and support the all round learning of pupils within a safe and secure environment
- that we should further develop strategies for the continual improvement in the literacy and numeracy of all our pupils whilst maintaining a broad based curriculum
- that increasing pupils confidence in language is vital and that initiatives instigated by Sure Start and the Infant School in early language development should be maintained and developed
- that creativity is a important element in the development of learning
- that by developing an understanding and appreciation of their own and other’s beliefs and cultures we enrich the cultural, social and moral development of the School and Whipton Community
- that we should promote a healthy lifestyle and foster initiatives that promote self esteem
- that by developing close relationships with Sure Start Family Centre, Whipton Barton Infant School and St Luke’s Secondary School we establish curriculum continuity
- in empowering all members of the school community to take opportunities and broaden their aspirations
- that we should be an acceptable role model of behaviour and responsibility for the School and Whipton Community
- in encouraging members of the School Community to be adaptable in today's rapidly changing world, work together as members of a team and embrace change.
- in recognising and celebrating individual and collective achievement
primary schools in Exeter,
secondary schools in Exeter,
schools in Exeter