|Woolsery, EX39 5QS, UK Bideford|
+44 (0)1237 431307
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
The school opened its doors in January, 1879 and continues to serve the children of Woolfardisworthy West, commonly known as Woolsery, and the surrounding area.
Woolsery Primary School caters for children from around 5 years (see start times on page 3) to eleven years old.
At present, we are very fortunate to have a strong roll – in 2008, we will have around 125 children in the school, organised into five classes. This number is predicted to stay fairly constant for the next few years.
At Woolsery Primary School, we are committed to building strong partnerships with parents. Please be assured that you will always be welcome in our school, whether you come to help, to ask questions or to let us know about things you think we could be doing better. We always appreciate feedback, either verbally or by letter and frequently ask for your opinion on a variety of things that happen in school. Hopefully, you will be able to respond whenever possible so that we can continue to make your child’s experience at Woolsery Primary School exciting and stimulating.
At our school, we all...
- Value the success, achievements and aspirations of ourselves and of others within a safe and caring environment
- Recognise children as individuals who are trying to develop their own personalities, aptitudes and attitudes
- Help learners to develop lively, inquiring minds and a love of learning through a creative, diverse and responsive curriculum
- Provide an atmosphere of mutual respect, honesty, co-operation, kindness, good humour and confidence which encourages self discipline through care and consideration
- Strive to be an integral part of the local community to promote a mutual sense of belonging
- Ensure parents can approach the school with problems and praise, being confident that the school will respond appropriately
- Provide equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, gender, religion or ability
The school accepts the Devon Curriculum Statement as an integral part of its policy.
The school is divided into two Key Stages (Key Stage 1 and 2) to provide both Infant and Junior National Curriculum. All nine subjects, plus Religious Education (and French in Key Stage 2), are taught to children with an emphasis on the core subjects of English, Maths and Science. Children in their Reception year follow the Foundation Stage Curriculum. You will receive an Annual Report in the Spring Term which discusses your child’s progress in all subjects with attainment levels in the Core subjects. There is also an opportunity to consult with the teacher after you receive the Report. If you have any concerns over curriculum issues please consult your child’s class teacher in the first instance or make an appointment with the headteacher.
The school has a wide variety of computer equipment and these are organised in two separate areas. There are six computers on the balcony which allow small groups to work with teaching assistants or voluntary helpers. The School also has a mobile 15-station ICT suite using wireless technology to deliver high quality ICT lessons to all children. We also have a range of peripherals, such as digital cameras, scanners and movie cameras to support children’ learning and ICT skills across the curriculum. Full access to the Internet is available through the regional filtered service provider, the South West Grid for Learning (SWGfL).
primary schools in Bideford,
secondary schools in Bideford,
schools in Bideford