|All Saints C E VC Primary School|
|Bishops Caundle, DT9 5NQ, UK Sherborne|
+44 (0)1963 23450
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!!!
ALL SAINTS is a non-selective Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School which caters for boys and girls between the ages of four and eleven. It is located in Bishops Caundle, just off the A3030, midway between Sherborne and Sturminster Newton.
ALL SAINTS is a happy caring school which aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. Every child is important and we take pride in helping everyone achieve high standards academically, socially, emotionally and physically.
- encourage children’s curiosity, excitement and enjoyment in learning
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum
- equip children with sound knowledge and skills, and the independence
and confidence to use them
- build children’s self esteem; encourage pupils to value, respect and
- take pride in themselves, their school and their environment
- develop spiritual and aesthetic awareness
- understand and show the importance of socialising with tolerance, sensitivity, care and sympathy.
For pupils aged 11 to 18 the normal school for ALL SAINTS children is The Gryphon Church of England Voluntary Controlled School in Sherborne. However when space has been available, some pupils have opted to go to Sturminster Newton High School which is a community comprehensive school. Both schools have sixth forms.
Parents of Year 6 pupils will receive information about changing schools. It is strongly recommended that visits are made to these schools so that informed decisions can be made about the suitability of a particular school for each individual child.
The curriculum to which each child is entitled has been laid down by the Government and published in its Handbook – The National Curriculum. New guidelines for what must be taught in all schools in England came into force in September 2000. These guidelines provide the framework to ensure the development of children’s education as they move through the school.
The basic requirements to be taught under the National Curriculum are:
All Saints also addresses wider cross-curricular issues such as citizenship, health, equal opportunities and multicultural education through Personal, Social and Health Education lessons (PSHE). Children in Years 5 and 6 will receive a sex education programme as part of the Science curriculum and parents have the right to withdraw their children from this on notice to the Headteacher. (Parents, however, do not have the right to withdraw their children from the teaching of the biological aspects of human growth and reproduction).
- Three Core subjects: English, Mathematics and Science
- Seven Foundation subjects: Information and Communications Technology (ICT), Design and Technology, Art and Design, History, Geography, Music and Physical Education (PE).
- Religious Education. (Parents have a right to withdraw their children from this and also from any religious worship on notice to the Headteacher)
- Modern Foreign Languages: From September 2007 All Saints will begin teaching French to the Key Stage 2 children.
Staff and outside providers organise a range of activities for the benefit of the children. These activities take place at lunch time or after school and have included a range of sports clubs, music and dance, ICT, French, circus skills, chess and gardening. When these arrangements involve matches against other schools, parents will be informed. Activities finish about 4.30 p.m; if your child takes part in these and uses the school transport to get home parents should note that they are responsible for the collection of their children as the transport cannot be delayed to await completion of an event.
primary schools in Sherborne,
secondary schools in Sherborne,
schools in Sherborne