|Broadwindsor C E VC Primary School|
|Drimpton Road, Broadwindsor, DT8 3QL, UK Beaminster|
+44 (0)1308 868376
Broadwindsor School was built in 1968 and is a single storey building occupying a prominent place in the village of Broadwindsor, one of the most beautiful parts of Dorset.
The school has four classrooms and a school hall. It is resourced in all areas of the curriculum. Our current emphasis is to increase resources in English and the Humanities.
The school grounds enable all our children to play on grass or on a hard play area depending on the weather. There are two environmental areas including a natural stream and a newly developed pond area. All classes use the outside areas in different ways to support curriculum work.
In support of this, the children have formulated their own list of responsibilities:
- To value Christian principles in every aspect of school life.
- To promote self-esteem and recognition of individuality and equality.
- To encourage our children to be responsible for themselves and show a growing awareness of others.
- To develop a sense of enthusiasm for all aspects of learning.
- To respect and care for ourselves, other people, our belongings, our school and our environment.
- To share and co-operate with other people.
- To be kind to people and not hurt their bodies or their feelings.
- To think about the needs of others.
- To always try our best.
The curriculum for our school takes into account both the Local Education Authority and national policies. We aim to provide a successful curriculum which challenges our pupils and reflects their individual needs and widely differing backgrounds.
primary schools in Beaminster,
secondary schools in Beaminster,
schools in Beaminster