|Durweston C E VA Primary School|
|Durweston, DT11 0QA, UK Blandford Forum|
+44 (0)1258 452277
WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!
The school was founded in 1893 as a Church of England
school. Since that time it has been granted Aided Status
under the 1944 Education Act, which enables it to remain
faithful to its original Church of England Foundation with the
majority of the Governors representing the Church of England,
referred to in the prospectus as Foundation Governors.
As a school community our aims are:
- To create a welcoming, thriving and happy school where everyone is valued and able to realise their potential.
- To promote religious understanding and a growing appreciation of the Christian faith in order to help the children develop personal and moral values, showing respect and tolerance for other people and their way of life.
- To help the children acquire knowledge, experience and skills relevant to their life and learning, after they have left us.
The first section of the 1993 Education Act states that every
pupil in maintained schools is entitled to a curriculum which is
balanced and broadly based and which, it says:
This curriculum, around which our own school curriculum is
developed, is made up of two parts:
- Promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical
development of pupils at the school and of society; and
- Prepares such pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities
and experiences of adult life.
- Religious Education
- The National Curriculum
Through home visits and visiting playgroups and nurseries,
we establish contact with each child and her/his parents
before entry to school and we very much appreciate parents
bringing their child to school on preliminary visits before s/he
enters. This enables both parent and child to become
accustomed to their new surroundings and teacher. To this
end we arrange three visits towards the end of the term before
the child starts school and also a new parents' evening.
Home School Agreements are sent home annually for all
children and their parents to sign.
primary schools in Blandford Forum,
secondary schools in Blandford Forum,
schools in Blandford Forum