|Ashdown Close, Canford Heath, BH17 8WG, UK Poole|
+44 (0)1202 659290
We can arrive at school by foot, car or bicycle. We are not allowed scooters. The whistle goes at 8:28 am and we file into school through allocated entrances. We put our bags and coats in the cloakroom and put our lunch boxes on the trolley. If the weather is wet we go straight into school, after 8:20 am.
Lessons begin at 8.45 am and last for 55 minutes. There are two lessons before assembly at 10.40 am (At the end of each half term we have a commendation assembly to give people awards.) Break is at 10.55 am when we can eat our snack. There is then one more lesson after break.
At lunch there are no hot drinks allowed. Year 4 go into lunch first and collect their lunchboxes and fill up one table at a time. The dinnerladies will give you a drink of water or a spoon if you need one. After lunch we play outside on the playground or field (or in the classrooms if it is raining). There are clubs at lunchtimes like choir, orchestra and running.
- To create and maintain a happy learning environment in which achievement and effort is promoted, valued, celebrated and rewarded.
- To maintain a safe and orderly environment in which children can develop self-confidence, self-discipline, care in relationships, initiative and a sense of responsibility.
- To ensure that pupils enjoy learning and experiences offered by the school.
- To ensure that pupil progress remains the focus of our endeavour.
- To provide pupils with skills, knowledge, understanding and independence in learning for a multicultural world.
The school has undergone, since it opened, an extensive expansion programme, which now provides us with a considerable number of specialist areas. Some of these are listed below:
In the school grounds we also have a pond and our own nature reserve, which is an example of the increasingly rare lowland heath habitat; both these features enable our children to learn about their local environment in school.
- a large resource centre
- a library
- a computer suite
- 3 areas catering for different aspects of technology
- a music studio with practice rooms a specialist art room
- a science laboratory extensive playing fields
The curriculum at Haymoor is organised in accordance with the requirements of the National Curriculum.
It includes the following subjects and Religious Education:
CORE SUBJECTS FOUNDATION SUBJECTS
French (Year 7)
Information and Communication Technology
- Football Skills
- Tuesday Science Club
- Multi Fitness
- Write Shop
- Independent Art
- ICT & Keyskills
- School Bank
- Tag Rugby
- Art & Textiles
- JAFFA Club
- Tag Rugby
- Cross Country
- Team Combat
primary schools in Poole,
secondary schools in Poole,
schools in Poole