|St Mark`s C E VA First School|
|Bell Street, BH19 2SA, UK Swanage|
+44 (0)1929 422949
As a Church school, we aim, within the principles of the Christian Faith, to encourage children to achieve their full potential morally, spiritually, socially, culturally and academically. As part of the community we offer children the experience of growing and developing within a Christian family atmosphere. We want the children leaving St. Mark’s to go out into the wider world with confidence.
- We will teach the children to value and respect the world around them.
- We feel it is important that all children are able to express themselves physically and creatively.
- We will help all children to develop positive self-esteem, grow in confidence and make the most of opportunities.
- We will encourage children to recognise the difference between right and wrong and to behave in a positive and caring way, taking responsibility for themselves and others.
- We want children to enjoy using language and number so that they can access the world of learning.
- In the context of a Christian family atmosphere, we aim to develop children’s understanding of what it means to be a Christian.
- We aim to train and prepare all children for life in a world where they meet, live and work with people of different cultures, religions, languages and ethnic origins.
At St. Mark’s we aim to put into place a caring and stimulating environment, where children are able to feel safe and secure in order for learning to take place.
Play is seen as an integral part of this learning, offering first hand experiences. Adults are close by, to support and lead children in their next stage of development and understanding. Learning areas include:
The Reception Year is the final year of the Foundation Stage and sees the completion of the Foundation Stage Profile. This gives opportunity to celebrate your child’s achievements and enables the next steps for learning to be identified.
- Personal, Emotional and Social Development (this includes Religious Education
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Mathematical Development
- Knowledge and Understanding the World
- Creative Development
- Physical Development
After school and during lunchtime we have a wide range of clubs, including sport, creative and expressive arts, activities such as football, rugby, netball, swimming , recorders, dance, chess and many more.
Summer Term prior to entry:
- Shortly after accepting your offer of a place in the school you will be invited to an introductory, informal meeting with the emphasis on ‘getting to know everyone’.
- A further information evening looking at a variety of issues, including the school profile which we ask you and your child to complete.
- A home visit by your child’s first teacher.
- Several pre-school club sessions. Only a small number of the class will be there at any one time. There will be plenty of things to make and do with your child as you both get used to the classroom and get to know teaching staff.
- Selected activities to do together at home.
primary schools in Swanage,
secondary schools in Swanage,
schools in Swanage