|St Walburga`s Catholic Primary School|
|Malvern Road, BH9 3BY, UK Bournemouth|
+44 (0)1202 528811
The education of your child will be much enhanced if we can work together to reinforce and implement the aims of the school as set out in our Mission Statement. As a Catholic School, the basic religious ethos is to be found across the whole curriculum and in all aspects of the life of the school. The primary aim of the school is the Christian growth of the children, not simply the growth of their own faith, but their growing awareness of the world as a maturing Christian. Celebration of our faith through prayer and worship is at the centre of the life of the school and, whenever possible, parents are encouraged to join us.
We aim to be a welcoming, caring, and worshipping community, firmly rooted in the teachings of Christ; recognising and respecting each individual as a unique gift from God. Together we aim to forge a partnership, working for the good of all, to enable us to grow and develop spiritually, academically, socially and morally.
For our pupils ….
- to develop each pupil’s talents, abilities, skills and understanding to their full potential in all areas of learning by having high expectations of work and behaviour and by encouraging strengths and supporting weaknesses;
- to help all pupils develop lively and enquiring minds;
- to help all pupils set high personal standards of achievement;
- to encourage, in each child, a true sense of social and moral responsibility, a respect for human life and God’s creation, and the practice of self discipline;
- to help each pupil to be a member of a living, loving, reconciling, worshipping community with Christ at its centre, witnessing to society at large;
- to help each pupil feel valued as an individual with a unique contribution to make, fostered by positive encouragement and guidance.
As a broad statement of intent the Governing Body of St. Walburga's School aims to provide a curriculum which challenges pupils by high expectations, whilst at the same time is sensitive to the needs of individuals and their widely varying circumstances, abilities and stages of development.
The school's curriculum consists of all those activities designed or encouraged to promote the intellectual, personal, social, physical, spiritual and moral development of its pupils.
Pupils study Religious Education, the Core Subjects (English, Mathematics, Science and Information Technology), and the Foundation Subjects (Art , Design Technology, Geography, History, Music and PE) throughout their time at St. Walburga's School. Programmes of Study and Assessment arrangements are those outlined in the National Curriculum and are available to view in the school.
primary schools in Bournemouth,
secondary schools in Bournemouth,
schools in Bournemouth