Our aim in these important first years of schooling is to lay the foundations for adult life. We provide a happy, caring environment which is conducive to learning. During their time in Swanage First School we aim to ensure that all children, regardless of their race, gender, religion or cultural background should:-
- Develop fully their academic and physical abilities, their moral and social awareness and their aesthetic and spiritual appreciation.
- Develop all aspects of personality and character that make a well balanced individual.
- Learn appropriate behaviour and good manners.
- Learn to co-operate, work together and show mutual respect through caring for and showing consideration towards other people and for their school environment.
- Be encouraged to develop self esteem, take a pride in their work and their growing abilities, as well as valuing the achievements of others.
- Develop a sense of self reliance and an ability to work with increasing independence and confidence.
- Develop positive attitudes towards school, the community in which they live and the wider world from within a secure, happy and caring environment.
- Develop an enjoyment of learning