Thornford School was founded in 1874 and moved to the present location in 1975. We are a Church of England Voluntary Aided School maintained by Dorset County Council. As such we are supported by the Dorset Education Partnership and the Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education.
The School has the advantages of a greenfield site with a spacious playing field and playground.
We are part of the Sherborne Rural Cluster and the Sherborne Pyramid.
The Sherborne Pyramid is the structure of Primary Schools from which children move at age 11 to the Gryphon School in Sherborne, a Church of England Voluntary Controlled Secondary School catering for the age range 11-18 years.