|Deane Avenue, SP8 4SH, UK Gillingham|
+44 (0)1747 825665
WYKE PRIMARY SCHOOL provides a happy, stimulating learning environment where every child is valued. We seek to develop the aptitudes, skills and knowledge which will help pupils achieve their true potential through praise, encouragement and high expectations of work and behaviour.....
We aim to:
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum with a sound grounding in the basic skills of literacy and numeracy together with the independence and confidence to apply these skills.
- Foster lively, enquiring minds and enthusiasm for learning by treating children as individuals and building on their success.
- Make children feel valued and respected so they can be confident and secure; willing to seek help in the understanding that overcoming difficulty is part of the learning process.
- Develop, through example and explanation, a sense of responsibility. self discipline and respect - for one another, the school and community.
- Show the importance of socialising and collaborating with sensitivity, consideration and humour.
- Encourage aesthetic and spiritual awareness in a Christian atmosphere.
- Allow children, staff, parents, governors and the community to share in our achievements and take a pride in our school.
We endeavour to deliver a curriculum that is broad, balanced, enjoyable and differentiated to cater for the wide spread of abilities.
Using our professional judgement, the Government Primary Strategies and the requirements of the National and Foundation Stage Curriculum, we aim to provide exciting, enjoyable lessons matched to each child's developing needs. Children are set targets, which ensure that all can be challenged while enjoying success.
The curriculum is carefully planned to ensure continuity and progression. Subjects may be taught separately or, if more appropriate, as part of a class topic. Pupils experience a variety of learning situations; working as a class, in groups and individually.
The following statements give a brief outline of our philosophy in each curriculum area. The full policy documents are available on request.
All the teaching staff give up much of their time to run a broad range of extra curricular activities for the children Joining in extra-curricular activities is entirely optional though we do expect a high level of commitment once a club has been joined. At the time of writing the following activities are available: Athletics, Football, Choir, Netball, Art club, Cookery Club, Maths Club and Drama Club. Children are also able to take part in other activities in the school run by outside agencies.
primary schools in Gillingham,
secondary schools in Gillingham,
schools in Gillingham