The Staff and Governors of Wyke Regis C E Junior School
are agreed that the aims of our school are:
- As a Church of England school, we have close links with All Saints Church, and we seek to develop a spiritual ethos built upon the Christian Faith.
- To provide a caring, welcoming, stable and stimulating environment, where children have the opportunity to develop intellectually, socially, emotionally, physically and spiritually, so enabling them to fulfil their true potential.
- To help children understand the world in which they live and to have respect for and tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life.
- To encourage parents/carers to play a positive and active role in educating their child through the teaching of mutual respect and by working in true partnership with the school.
- To encourage the development of self-discipline and self-esteem, promoting high expectations, fairness, justice, high standards of behaviour, confidence, respect and a sense of responsibility towards others and the environment.
- To teach thoroughly the key skills, concepts and knowledge required of the National Curriculum in a balanced and disciplined way, whilst developing an enquiring mind and a love of learning which will equip our children for all future learning.
- To use appropriate assessment procedures in order to ensure that the children’s progress is monitored and future developments are suitable to their needs.
- To ensure that all staff are aware of their role within the school and that their work and enthusiasm is valued. Their continuing professional development is essential to the success of the school and is therefore a priority issue.
- To strive in developing links with our neighbouring schools to ensure progression and continuity in our children’s education, and with the local community.