|St Ninian`s R C Primary School|
|Dochart Terrace, DD2 4HB, UK Dundee|
St Ninian's is a Catholic school, a community of faith and learning, located in the Menzieshill area of Dundee, near to Ninewells Hospital. The school sits on top of a hill, and we are very lucky to have lovely views of the Sidlaw Hills to the north and the River Tay to the south. With around 160 children we are a small school, which means we all get to know each other well.
- To create a positive atmosphere where children can be educated in the knowledge, love
and practice of our faith thus becoming valued members of the wider school community.
- To emphasise the importance of language as being uppermost in the child’s intellectual,
emotional and social development.
- To offer the pupils a planned curricular progression based on assessment, largely by
observation, but also through formal testing and diagnostic testing if appropriate.
- To acquire knowledge and understanding of and the capacity to use, Information
Technology which will provide access to an enriched curriculum.
- To provide a flexible and differentiated curriculum that meets the needs of individual
pupils regardless of gender, race, religion or disability.
- To encourage pupils to exercise choice in their actions and to be conscious of their
responsibility to others.
In St Ninian’s a differentiated, well balanced curriculum is offered. Teaching / Learning
opportunities offer a balance of individual work, small group interaction and class
instruction. All aspects of the child’s experience, knowledge, ability and talents are
Our Support for Learning teacher provides an important service to children with learning
difficulties. In addition she also assists with children who need to be challenged in a
particular curricular area in order to achieve their full potential.
When a child has a specific difficulty in coping with class work, it may be necessary to
seek advice from other agencies, e.g. the educational psychologist, Home School Support
Service. In such cases, full discussion with parents will take place prior to making such
Thanks to the continuing support of parents, pupils and staff, the following activities take
place in St Ninian’s:
- Netball Miss Coull P.5, P.6 & p.7
- Martial Arts N2 Sports Officer P.5 – P.7
- Gymnastics N2 Sports Officer P.1 & P.2
- Recorders Miss Veal P.4 - P.7
- Library Club P.7 pupils P.1 - P.7
- Choir Miss Veal P.4 - P.7
- Grid Club Mrs Soutar P.4 – P.7
- After School Clubs
primary schools in Dundee,
secondary schools in Dundee,
schools in Dundee