|Alston Street, Glassford, ML10 6TG, UK Strathaven|
We take pride in the commitment of all staff in the school. All teaching staff have a sound knowledge and understanding of each child’s needs and are ably supported by our Support Staff. We have a very supportive School Board and PTA whose involvement benefits the school greatly.
The school is bright with attractive displays of pupil work to be seen by all.
In Glassford we constantly aim to provide the children with a rich stimulating curriculum within a caring, supportive environment.
We are very grateful to some our of parents who give up time and become parent helpers on a regular basis and others who are able to come in on a one off basis.
Our Active Pupil Council take forward and discuss their fellow pupils’ ideas, comments. Most recently they have been looking to update the playground games in use within the school.
Our pupils participate in after school activities – badminton, netball and football.
- CURRICULUM - We aim to provide a comprehensive, stimulating curriculum which meets the needs of all learners.
- ATTAINMENT - By adopting an appropriate and varied range of teaching approaches, effective classroom management and meaningful assessment and evaluation, we aim to meet the needs and aspirations of our pupils.
- LEARNING AND TEACHING - We aim to deepen and widen the knowledge and understanding of all pupils and to develop their skills through an effective programme of teaching and learning supported by appropriate resources. We aim to develop and encourage self discipline in our pupils and through an ongoing programme of Staff Development and review we aim to support and develop the skills of our teachers.
- SUPPORT FOR PUPILS - We aim to provide, in partnership with parents and relevant external agencies, the most appropriate support for all of the children at Glassford Primary to ensure equality and to help every pupil to benefit from education.
- ETHOS - Within Glassford primary we aim to create a caring climate based on equality and fairness which promotes the welfare of pupils and staff and recognises the worth of all. We aim to work with pupils and parents to teach children respect for self and one another and to teach them the duties of citizenship.
- RESOURCES - We aim to ensure that appropriate resources are available, accessible and utilised fully to enhance the education of all pupils. We aim to develop a productive partnership by promoting links with parents, local business and community organisations.
- MANAGEMENT AND QUALITY ASSURANCE - Through effective leadership and a systematic, planned process of monitoring and evaluation, we aim to ensure that all pupils of Glassford Primary are equipped with skills, attitudes and expectations necessary to prosper in our changing society
All pupils follow what is known as the 5-14 programme, which focuses on the following areas:
Information on what your child is learning will be provided to you throughout the year.
- Language (including French).
- Environmental Studies (Science, Social Subjects and Technology).
- Expressive Arts (Art & Design, Drama, Music, PE).
- Religious & Moral Education with Personal & Social Development and Health Education.
- Educational Outings
- Cycling Proficiency
- Outdoor Residential Experience
primary schools in Strathaven,
secondary schools in Strathaven,
schools in Strathaven