|Bothwell Road, ML3 0AY, UK Hamilton|
+44 (0)1698 282700
At Hamilton College we provide an excellent education in a successful learning environment. We aim to uphold what is best from traditional values in education with a modern approach. We value our high academic standards.
Our formal curriculum and extra-curricular programme provide a wide variety of stimulating opportunities for the development of enquiring young minds within a caring Christian ethos.
1. Ethos: To provide a positive caring ethos that demonstrates the relevance of the Christian faith to every day life; promotes a sense of responsibility that shows respect for oneself, others and the environment, and prepares pupils for active citizenship.
2. Curriculum: Attainment and Achievement: To provide a framework for learning within and beyond the formal curriculum that offers pupils a range of opportunities designed to help them reach excellent standards of attainment and achievement.
3. Teaching: To provide effective teaching that is marked by high, but realistic, expectations, and which promotes a joy in learning that forms a sound foundation for continuing achievement in later life.
4. Meeting Pupils’ Needs: To provide challenge and support for learning that are well suited to pupils’ individual abilities and needs.
5. Resources: To provide accommodation, resources and facilities that are appropriate to an excellent modern education.
6. Management: To provide effective leadership and management that enables all staff to be aware and responsive to the needs and aspirations of pupils, other staff members, parents and the wider community; and to be successful in pursuing continuous improvement.
Welcome to Hamilton College Junior School, where we are proud to offer traditional values combined with a modern curriculum to equip children with the skills they need for living and learning in today’s world.
We aim to provide a happy and safe environment for all our pupils where each one is valued and encouraged to become a confident, successful learner.
The following list shows extra curricular activities that are available to pupils in Junior School.
- Cross Country
- Girls Brigade
- Jam Club
- Training Orchestra
The Senior School curriculum offers a broad and balanced education which will challenge and stimulate all of our pupils.
In first and second year pupils follow a common course which allows them to choose from a wide range of option courses leading to Scottish Qualifications Authority qualifications, both Standard Grade and National Qualifications.
In third year SQA courses are introduced; English, Mathematics, a modern language, a science and a social science must be included. These courses are followed over two years with pupils sitting national examinations in fourth year.
In fifth year SQA Higher courses are introduced. Most pupils are encouraged to take five subjects at Higher. For some pupils Intermediate level courses may be the preferred option.
In sixth year Advanced Higher courses are offered, these are designed to encourage independent study skills and prepare young people for university studies.
Throughout the Senior School pupils will have each week Physical Education, Religious Education and time allocated to Personal and Social Education. There are guidance pastoral staff in Senior School who monitor both the academic and social progress of all of our pupils.
There is a very wide range of clubs and activities in our extra-curricular programme for all pupils which broadens their vision and develops them as young people towards their full potential.
Following this challenging and stimulating educational experience most of our pupils go on to study at Scottish universities and a number gain places at Oxford and Cambridge or other universities.
primary schools in Hamilton,
secondary schools in Hamilton,
schools in Hamilton