|Libberton, Carnwath, ML12 6NB, UK Biggar|
Libberton Primary is different. It’s not in Libberton. It is between Libberton and Quothquan and pupils come from both villages and from farms in the area. This means most pupils come to school by bus or car.
Our school badge shows the River Clyde and Tinto Hill because this is the view from the school.
This session there are 42 pupils in two classes, Primary 1 to 3 and Primary 4 to 7.
The school has only two classrooms and a General Purpose Room which is used as the Dining Room and for activities like Music and Drama.
We are lucky enough to have a large football pitch. We have playground games in good weather.
In school we do Maths and Language nearly every day. Primary 6/7 learn French. We do P.E. in the Community Hall in the cold weather and use the school grounds when the weather is warmer.
The older children sometimes have an after school club and we join other small schools for different activities.
- Provide a safe and secure environment.
- Provide stimulating learning experiences for all pupils.
- Create a positive ethos where children, staff and parents develop mutual trust and respect for each other allowing children to become confident and independent learners.
- Work with parents and carers to support children, consulting and informing about their progress.
- Allow children to develop their full potential.
All pupils follow what is known as the 5-14 programme, which focuses on the
Information on what children learn is provided throughout the year.
This term the Primary 1 to 3 Environmental Studies topic is Houses and Homes and Primary 4 to 7 are looking at Developing Countries.
- Language (including French for P6/7)
- Environmental Studies (Society, Science and Technology)
- Expressive Arts and Physical Education
- Religious and Moral Education with Personal and Social Development and Health Education.
primary schools in Biggar,
secondary schools in Biggar,
schools in Biggar