We are a Catholic primary school for 5-12 year olds based in Hamilton, South Lanarkshire.
St. Mary's Primary School, was opened on 29th April, 1957 and serves central Hamilton, part of Silvertonhill, Chantinghall and Ferniegair. A strong Christian ethos permeates all aspects of school life in St. Mary's. A happy family atmosphere prevails throughout the school.
The school is one of 124 primary schools throughout South Lanarkshire Council.
South Lanarkshire Council is the fifth largest authority in Scotland. It covers the following main areas; Clydesdale in the South which features extensive rural areas, Cambuslang, Rutherglen, Blantyre and Uddingston to the North as well as the towns of East Kilbride and Hamilton.