Baines' Endowed is a Church of England school which serves the local community. We have very strong and useful links with our Parish Church, St Paul's, Marton.
Baines is one of the oldest schools on the Fylde coast, being founded by James Baines in 1717. The school has been housed in several different buildings since 1717; the present school opened in 1926, more infant classrooms were added in 1967, 1990 and 2001 and a new Hall and enlarged junior classrooms were completed in September 2002. The latest addition to our school is our Children’s Centre which offers nursery education and childcare for children from the age of 3 months as well as a range of family support services. The governors are committed to constantly developing the provision and facilities in school for our children, staff, parents and the local community.
We offer a very wide range of excellent curricular and extra-curricular provision in school and are justifiably proud of the high standards of behaviour and all round achievement of our children.