|Belgium Street, Bamford, OL11 5PS, UK Rochdale|
+44 (0)1706 631496
Our large and spacious school opened in 1960. All the infant classes have their own cloakroom and toilet facilities. There is also a Library, Music room and ICT suite.
The School Hall is used for Assemblies, Physical Education, School Concerts and also as a dining area. The younger children have their own separate dining area. There are three hard surface playing areas and the grass playing fields extend to two hectares.
“Our School strives to attain excellence in a happy, caring, secure and dynamic community, where we all have the opportunity to achieve our highest potential for life” by:
- The development of a wide range of knowledge and skills and the fostering of positive attitudes.
- Ensuring that all pupils have equal opportunity of access to the whole curriculum regardless of class, race, gender or disability.
- Developing an environmental ethos in which self-motivation, self-discipline and co-operation are fostered by all.
- Encouraging pupils to retain and fulfil their individuality whilst sharing a sense of belonging to the whole school community.
- Preparing the pupils to play their part in an evolving society both at work and leisure by ensuring education is a continuing process of exploration.
- Fostering links with our community in the widest sense to encourage mutual understanding and support.
- Encouraging the development of the continuity between home and school through a working partnership with parents.
Bertie Bamford Club
The first real contact your child will have with school will be through our ‘Bertie Bamford Club’. For the Summer Term preceding entry a pre-school group meets one afternoon alternate weeks from 1.30 pm until 3.15 PM
Our aim is to ease children’s transition from home to school and to create an opportunity for their parents to meet the staff (and each other), whilst participating in the children’s activities. The children themselves, whilst taking part in some enjoyable activities, will also make new friends and meet their future teacher.
Berties Before and After School Club
Berties Before and After School Club is held in the hall from 7.55 AM - 8.55 AM and from 3.35 PM - 5.30 PM in the hall, library and music room. This is only for Bamford School children and is supervised by staff employed by the school for the specific purpose. A charge is made for this facility which we hope is of service to our many working parents.
A light breakfast is provided for Berties Before School Club and a snack tea for Berties After School Club.
Further details are available from the school office or by contacting the Club Leader Mrs. Pam Heywood. C/o of the school.
primary schools in Rochdale,
secondary schools in Rochdale,
schools in Rochdale