Our school is off Bickershaw Lane,next to St James and Elizabeths church.We are a Voluntary Aided Church of England Primary school for children aged between 4-11 years.
The first phase of the present building was dedicated by the Rt Rev Stuart Yarworth Blanche , Bishop of Liverpool ,on January 28th 1967.
The original Abram Colliery School dated from 1880 ,the foundation stone from this is displayed at the main entrance.
The building is comprised of two departments connected by a spacious hall. Both departments have three classrooms.
The school is included in Leigh Education Action Zone ,which has supported us in the development of an ICT Suite , which is timetabled for use by all the year groups.
The school has separate play areas for infants and juniors sa well as extensive grounds for football and athletics.
There are currently 140 children on roll ,from the village and surrounding area.