|Bispham High School|
The Arts College
|Bispham Road, FY2 0NH, UK Blackpool|
+44 (0)1253 353155
BISPHAM HIGH SCHOOL ARTS COLLEGE is a co-educational school built on very solid
foundations. We have the advantage of excellent, well-equipped buildings, attractive
grounds and most important of all, an experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic staff.
A specialist school is a good school- we have been selected for the quality of the
education we provide. In addition, our expertise in the Arts means that we offer a
very distinctive education: Bispham High School has establised a national reputation
as a successful Arts College.
We believe that young people should be helped to have confidence in themselves as they are growing up and
realise that they depend on others, as others depend on them.
We believe that the Arts play an important part in fostering confidence and teamwork.
- Kindness and compassion
- Tolerance and respect for others
- Optimism and a positive approach to life
- To further raise standards of teaching and learning in all subjects.
- To raise students aspirations and promote progression to further education and training in all subjects.
- To provide all students with an enriched curriculum in the Performing Arts.
- To increase the use of ICT for teaching and learning across the whole curriculum, and to promote
literacy and numeracy.
- To develop performance facilities and resources for the benefit of schools as learning resources which
promote and celebrate aspects of the Performing Arts for which Blackpool is famous.
The most important thing we do is to provide a broad and balanced curriculum for all our students.
- At Bispham High School all our students have access to a curriculum which covers the National
Curriculum requirements and extends beyond it.
- As a specialist school we give particular emphasis in Key Stages 3 and 4 to the Arts subjects -
Music, Drama and Dance as well as Information and Communication Technology.
- Key Stage 4 options, whilst requiring all students to study at least one arts subject, are flexible enough
to enable students to follow subjects of particular interest which may be in-line with future
aspirations and careers.
- Our teachers are always seeking to develop and improve their own classroom practice with
all students across the ability range; through small group work, traditional class teaching,
working in pairs and students working on their own investigative work, often with the use of
Bispham High School Arts College is justly proud of the range and quality of extra curricular activities it provides
to enrich the taught curriculum. This has been recognised in our re-awarding of ARTSMARK GOLD status. Our
extra curricular activities take place at lunchtimes, after school, at weekends and during school holidays.
primary schools in Blackpool,
secondary schools in Blackpool,
schools in Blackpool