|Brownedge St Mary`s R C High School and|
|Sports College, Station Road, Bamber Bridge, PR5 6PB, UK Preston|
+44 (0)1772 339813
Our school is a great and vibrant community of pupils and staff well supported by parents. With just under 720 pupils we achieve a family atmosphere in which the strong relationships between staff and pupils are very evident.
The catholic dimension of the school is important to our identity since it gives us the solid grounding to our mission and our values which we strive to live out every day. We have a strong chaplaincy team which helps us invigorate the spiritual lives of our young people.
- To encourage the physical, spiritual, social, personal and moral formation of all its members, in a community of Catholic, Christian faith.
- To ensure, whatever the starting point, each child maximises his or her academic potential in an environment rich in new technologies which responds flexibly to the varying needs of its young people.
- To build a community in which all its members feel safe, valued, able to participate and inspired to succeed and develop their talents.
- To foster a caring Christian school community which inspires its members to be active in serving the needs of the local and global community
- To provide an education which leads its young people to be equipped for the demands of contemporary life: empowered to use their talents to find fulfilling employment; tolerant of and ready to engage with different cultures, races and traditions; and inspired to continue in life-long learning
Our Mission Statement is for each individual to achieve their maximum potential through meaningful, varied and challenging situations, as well as promoting the enjoyment of physical activity and fitness and developing confidence and knowledge of the subject.
This will be achieved by raising standards in teaching and learning.
Brownedge St. Mary’s will continue to maintain and improve these aspects so that all students succeed across the full ability range.
What are the objectives of the Sports College Scheme?
- To develop an individual school’s strengths and character.
- To raise the standard of sport in schools through the development of sporting provision.
- To strengthen links between schools, business, industry, sporting bodies and the local community.
- To benefit children of all sporting abilities.
- To ensure that the wider community derives the greatest benefit from the College’s sports facilities.
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Expressive Arts
primary schools in Preston,
secondary schools in Preston,
schools in Preston