|Cardinal Allen Catholic High School|
A Maths and Computing Specialist
|Melbourne Avenue, FY7 8AY, UK Fleetwood|
+44 (0)1253 872659
Cardinal Allen is a progressive, exciting and happy school in which our students achieve outstanding levels of personal development. The students and staff recognise the importance of the school’s Catholic and Christian education mission and are committed to it in every way. We are all proud to belong to a school offering rich challenge and extended opportunities to learn within a caring atmosphere of support for our students. The school is widely recognised as providing outstanding levels of pastoral care which are based on a secure knowledge of the unique talents of individual students.
We rely on and receive excellent levels of support from our parents in our drive to help our students develop into rounded, caring and active citizens. Our core values are Christ-centred and reflect the traditional standards respected within our communities. In particular we endeavour to produce young people who show respect for themselves and each other; tolerance, courtesy and a high regard for those less fortunate than themselves. Because of this, our students are bright, cheerful, highly motivated and show outstanding attitudes to learning.
The School willingly accepts its responsibility to provide opportunities for the formation of each person in the community through the mission of integrating human development and the values of Christ:
- Believing that all life and human talents are gifts from God and that we are all formed in the image of Christ.
- Recognising the need for all individuals for growth and development irrespective of circumstance, gender or race.
- Communicating the Christian message of love and service, and values of justice, acceptance, respect and friendship.
- Creating a secure, caring, Christian and happy environment.
- Providing opportunities for work and learning that give a sense of satisfaction, achievement and self-respect.
- Developing the necessary life-skills of communication, creativity, problem solving, decision-making, as well as the informational framework that will prepare individuals for life in the 21st century.
We are committed to giving our students an extensive curriculum, providing them with the opportunity to develop skills and expertise in a range of areas.
At Key Stage 3 pupils will sample most subjects offered by the school, therefore enabling them to make educated choices for their options.
At Key Stage 4 pupils will study the core subject areas - English, Maths, Science and Religious Studies. They will also be required to select three additional subjects of their choice.
We pride ourselves on the standard of teaching throughout the school. Our teachers recognise that pupils learn in different ways and therefore incorporate different teaching styles into each lesson.
Staff recognise the wide range of ability that our students have and therefore differentiated teaching and resources are prepared, catering not only for those with Special Education Needs but also pupils who have been recognised as being Gifted and Talented.
primary schools in Fleetwood,
secondary schools in Fleetwood,
schools in Fleetwood