|Carleton Green Community Primary School|
|Arundel Drive, Carleton, Poulton-Le-Fylde, FY6 7TF, UK Blackpool|
+44 (0)1253 891228
Carleton Green Community Primary School was opened in 1975 for children from the local area of Carleton. We now have over 300 children on roll and have a reputation as a successful school. We pride ourselves on a friendly, welcoming family atmosphere where all are able to flourish. If you would like to visit our school please contact the headteacher, Mrs Alison Johnstone at the school.
At Carleton Green Community Primary School we aim to provide a stimulating, caring and harmonious environment in which all individuals feel valued and are encouraged to reach their personal potential. We strongly believe that we are preparing children to participate and contribute to both their local and wider communities. Our continuing success depends on a partnership with them and between children, their families, school staff and governors.
- To create an interesting, stimulating and friendly environment, where each individual can feel secure and valued and will develop his or her potential.
- To help develop lively, enquiring minds, the ability to question and argue rationally, to work with imagination and a sense of purpose, through first hand experience where possible.
- To encourage respect for religious and moral values, to be tolerant of the views of other religions, races and cultures.
- To develop a sense of responsibility, self respect, self -discipline and independence.
- To establish an effective and constructive partnership between home and school with opportunities for involvement and contributions by parents, governors and the wider community.
- To help children to value and enjoy learning, becoming independent learners within a secure, friendly and stimulating environment.
- To cater for the needs of the individual and try to encourage a wide range of activities, which develop each child’s interest to the full.
We have a broad based curriculum with English, Maths, and Science as core subjects which are allocated greater curriculum time. Other subjects include Design Technology, Information Technology, History, Geography, Art, Music, PE, and RE.
The school is well resourced and we are particularly proud of our new ICT area. All children are timetabled to work in this area weekly to develop their IT skills. We also have a designated music room and art area.
primary schools in Blackpool,
secondary schools in Blackpool,
schools in Blackpool