|Crossgates Primary School|
|Kiln Lane, Milnrow, OL16 3HB, UK Rochdale|
+44 (0)1706 654573
Primary education is a critical stage in children's development - it shapes them for life. As well as giving them the essential tools for learning, primary education is about children experiencing the joy of discovery, solving problems, being creative in writing, art and music, developing their self-confidence as learners and maturing socially and emotionally.
At Crossgates we aim to combine high standards with a broad and rich curriculum.
- Develop moral sensibility, positive codes of behaviour and integrity, a capacity to relate to others, whether they be individuals or groups, to respect cultures and religions to contribute usefully to their community and society at large.
- Have equality of opportunity available to all.
- Recognise that all children have an entitlement to the whole of the National Curriculum and to all those additional areas of learning development and achievement that the school deems appropriate.
- Develop skills and competencies that will enrich our children's lives e.g. the ability to speak a modern foreign language, to play a musical instrument, to have access to and knowledge of the wider world, to play games and experience recreational activities.
- Develop the spiritual side of human life, through discussion, thought and action in such areas as school assemblies, religious education, multicultural education, art, music, dance, drama, current affairs, poetry, prose, etc.
- Develop pupils positive awareness of self and the capacity to have equal regard for others. In an atmosphere of mutual respect, develop children’s ability to express their thoughts, feelings, fears and needs.
- Cultivate in pupils a confidence in their ability to learn, intellectual curiosity and the ability to persevere against setbacks.
- Develop concern for the preservation of the environment and the natural world. To show that human life is one part of a wider system.
- Provide a caring school community where the individual is respected and where the individual feels motivated to contribute to the good of the whole community.
Extra curricular activities, or school clubs, take place before school, during the lunch period and after school. They involve mostly third year infants to fourth year juniors (year 2 to year 6)
Crossgates School is noted for the number and variety of clubs which are operated. Details are given regularly to the children and a club notice board is situated in the School hall and patio area.
School clubs are organised by the teachers at our school on a voluntary basis. They greatly enhance the experiences that our children enjoy at our school, and we are pleased when our children take full advantage of these opportunities.
primary schools in Rochdale,
secondary schools in Rochdale,
schools in Rochdale