|Dallas Road Community Primary School|
|High Street, LA1 1LD, UK Lancaster|
+44 (0)1524 64520
We are a thriving community primary school for 4 to 11 year olds, based in the heart of Lancaster. As a large, multicultural school, it is hard to imagine a school with a more diverse profile. We see this as one of our greatest strengths.
Visitors to the school always comment on the happy, creative and friendly atmosphere. The equal emphasis we place on children’s academic achievements and their social and emotional development undoubtedly contributes to this. Our large, dedicated team works closely together to support all children and make sure that everyone has the same chances to achieve their best.
- To provide opportunities for all to achieve their highest standards.
- To deliver with enthusiasm a curriculum that is creative, challenging and enjoyable.
- To provide an extended curriculum with pastoral and extra-curricular opportunities that enable children to develop interests at home.
- To encourage a positive and open-minded attitude towards individual differences and to maintain positive, unconditional regard to all in school.
- To develop greater understanding of all sections of the Dallas community to best support their development.
- To embrace links with the wider community and provide reciprocal nurturing of relationships.
- To encourage the values and skills needed to be a member of a future society.
- To provide an environment where everyone feels safe, supported, valued and happy…because happy children learn best.
At Dallas Road we want to foster a love of learning for all. We do this by delivering a curriculum that is accessible to all. We try to ensure lessons interest children and stimulate their imagination. We understand that children learn in different ways and try to accommodate for these in our teaching. We encourage the development of ‘Thinking Skills’ in all children seeing this as an essential part in the process of developing children into independent learners.
We teach daily literacy and numeracy lessons. The children are placed in year group sets for these subjects from Year 2 upwards. We also cover the other subjects from the National Curriculum; Science, History, Geography, Design Technology, Religious Education, Physical Education, Art, Music and PSHCE (Personal, social health and citizenship education). Information Technology is taught both as a discrete subject and to enhance learning in other curriculum areas.
The following activities take place either on a seasonal basis or when possible, and give children the chance to develop new interests and work with children of different ages. For the sporting activities we have matches against other local primary schools. For example, these clubs were run in 2005.
Football, Cricket, Choir, Drama, Rounders, Netball, Cross-Country Computer, Board Games, Athletics, Tag Rugby, Dance, and Art.
These activities are led by teachers and parents. If you have a particular interest or skill and would like to be involved, please let us know. Successes in these clubs included reaching the quarter finals of the cricket and being joint first at the swimming gala and the athletics tournament.
primary schools in Lancaster,
secondary schools in Lancaster,
schools in Lancaster