|Firwood Manor Preparatory School|
|Broadway, Chadderton, OL9 0AD, UK Oldham|
+44 (0)161 620 6570
Firwood Manor Preparatory School opened in September 2002 as an independent, co-educational, one form entry, day school for children aged from 2 ½ to 11 years. It is situated on Broadway in Chadderton, Oldham close to the beginning of the A627M and to Junction 21 of the M60. This location makes it very accessible from a number of places in Greater Manchester and Lancashire , including Bury, Rochdale , North Manchester and Ashton. It is also an easy dropping-off point for parents who commute to work. The surrounding area provides a wide variety of housing and businesses, and yet, is near to open countryside in the foothills of the Pennines .
- To foster a whole-child approach which will encompass the spiritual, moral, social, cultural, intellectual and physical development of each child.
- To nurture a love of learning and to develop a focused approach to work, enabling children to realise their potential.
- To help children to develop self-esteem and self-confidence and to recognise that they have a worthwhile contribution to make to the school.
- To give children a critical and constructive understanding of the environment.
- To encourage children to be independent, responsible and compassionate, so that they feel confident to enjoy the opportunities and challenges of secondary education.
- Fully equipped nursery
- Purpose built classrooms from Reception to Year 6
- Specialist rooms for Science and Art, Design and Technology
- I.C.T. suite
- All rooms fully networked
- Hall for sport, gymnastics, dance, music and drama
- Outdoor facilities for football, hockey and netball
- On-site catering facilities
Our nursery is part of our whole school family andcaters for children from 2 1/2 to 4 years of age. We offer a flexible part-time or full-time introduction to our school, dependent on the needs of each child.
The nursery belongs to our early years department and the education the children receive constitutes the first part of the Foundation Stage.
The children work towards the Early Learning Goals established as good practice by the Department for Education and Skills. These goals focus on what young children need to learn and cover six broad areas of learning. This stage of learning is critical in a child's development and we believe that our setting provides an excellent environment for children to acquire these important first skills. Our setting also provides continuity and progression through each stage of a child's education.
At Firwood Manor, we believe in the infinite worth of each child and recognise that all children are different and develop in their own unique way. We also believe that, given the right environment, a child’s capacity for growth is endless.
We aim to foster a whole-child approach to our curriculum, which encompasses the spiritual, moral, social, emotional, cultural, intellectual and physical development of each child.
Through our rich, stimulating and diverse curriculum, we aim to nurture a love of learning in every child and to develop a focused approach to work, enabling our children to realise their potential. We aim to provide exciting and challenging learning experiences, so that the children come home brimming with enthusiasm about their school day.
primary schools in Oldham,
secondary schools in Oldham,
schools in Oldham