Forton is a small village in North Lancashire. The original school was first established in 1878 in the typical Victorian style of school building. Between 1968 and 1972, a new school was built on the opposite side of School Lane. The former school building is now used as the Village Hall.
The school sits in a delightful rural setting, of which the most attractive feature is the dell at the front of the school.
Forton Primary school has a very friendly, caring, happy working atmosphere and enjoys an excellent reputation in the local community.