|Hamilton Road, Garswood, WN4 0SF, UK Wigan|
+44 (0)1744 678290
At Garswood we are concerned to teach more than the subjects of the National Curriculum. Garswood School offers a way of learning for life based on the broadest range of experiences possible.
This reflects a concern to focus on what children will need as citizens in a changing world. We give pride of place to respect for oneself and others. We encourage both independence of mind and spirit, and the recognition of individual and collective responsibility. We wish to include everyone in the task of providing our children with the knowledge and skills to take full advantage of the opportunities offered to them.
- To help pupils realise that respect for the beliefs, needs and rights of the individual is an essential part of a civilised, inclusive and multicultural society.
- To furnish pupils with the necessary skills to succeed as future citizens of such a society.
- To celebrate the efforts of every child.
- To develop a sense of community.
- To set before our children the content, skills and processes which are their legal entitlement.
- To facilitate acquisition of such skills and knowledge by presenting them in appropriate ways.
- To develop enquiring minds and a questioning attitude to the world.
|BREAKFAST AND AFTER SCHOOL CLUB|
Parents who work will appreciate the high quality Breakfast and After School provision in the school. Breakfast Club starts at 7.30 am and After School Club runs until 5.30pm. (A charge is made for both clubs - further details from the school on request.)
primary schools in Wigan,
secondary schools in Wigan,
schools in Wigan