|Goosnargh Oliverson`s C E Primary School|
|Goosnargh Lane, Goosnargh, PR3 2BN, UK Preston|
+44 (0)1772 865396
The origins of Goosnargh (Oliverson’s) date back to 1673 (thus making it the oldest school in the parish) when two schools were founded on the present site, both housed in the same building.
The School was extended in 1968, 1974, 2000 and 2003, finally giving it the form we see today. More development is planned to keep the school up to date and in line with current regulations - especially in regard to accessibility.
The school has a walled playground which is divided into a quiet garden area and an open play space. We have a spacious playing field with an outlook to the north of Beacon Fell and the hills.
In order to prepare children for living responsibly and successfully in society:
- We aim, through our Mission Statement, to provide our children with an exciting and challenging broad based curriculum taught within Christian values.
- We aim to foster a happy atmosphere which promotes a love of learning, mutual respect, tolerance and open-mindedness and which provides opportunities to develop co-operation, teamwork, trust and good relationships with others.
- We believe that each child has different abilities and talents and we aim to recognise, value and develop them in order to build each child’s self esteem.
- We strive to stimulate a child’s curiosity and imagination by encouraging their ability to question, show initiative and be independent learners.
- We recognise the crucial role of parents and openly encourage a close partnership between home and school.
- We encourage children to take a pride in themselves, to learn how to be healthy and stay safe, to develop a happy disposition and adopt a measured approach towards life and decision-making.
- We recognise the importance of good relationships with church, community and industry to deepen an understanding of the wider world.
- We aim to affirm pupils’ own cultural heritage and develop a respect and understanding of cultures other than their own.
The school follows the National Curriculum.
In addition to curriculum subject all children take part in each of the following enrichment activities on a 7 week rolling programme: Exercise for Health, PSHE, Global Awareness, Drama, Emotional Well Being, ICT capabilities, singing and French.
During the year children will have the opportunity to be involved in the following extra-curricular activities according to the seasons:
- Computer Club
- Art Club
- Short Tennis
- Table Tennis
- Choir (2008)
primary schools in Preston,
secondary schools in Preston,
schools in Preston