|Healey Foundation Primary School|
|Earnshaw Avenue, OL12 0ST, UK Rochdale|
+44 (0)1706 522770
At Healey we endeavour to provide all children with a happy and secure environment in which they
can reach their individual potential. We aim to equip children with the relevant skills, knowledge and
attitudes to progress to the next stage of their educational life.
- To fully subscribe to the ideals and framework of Every Child Matters by working in partnership.
- To create a happy school, where children develop good relationships and a desirable attitude to
learning from the Foundation Stage through both Key Stages.
- Raise standards of education by helping pupils to realise their potential, and develop it to the
fullest extent in whatever purposeful activity they are involved.
- To ensure the health and safety of pupils and staff at all times.
- Emphasise the development of basic language skills and also to foster the imaginative
experience through speech, drama, writing and literature.
- Make mathematics interesting and enjoyable and enable the children to apply mathematical skills
to their everyday life and in so doing develop logical thinking.
- Help pupils develop scientific skills and concepts, encouraging enquiry and investigation.
- Create opportunities for children to develop technological skills through a variety of experiences
using relevant resources and taking full advantage of the opportunities offered through
information and communication technology.
- Foster an aesthetic awareness of creative activities and experiences using education off site
- Promote enjoyable participation in physical skills and sporting activities equipping the children for
- Provide equal opportunities by removing barriers to learning based on gender, race, disability or
- Cultivate responsible attitudes towards others, school and the community, to fully embrace
citizenship and to value anti-bullying principles and procedures.
- Show tolerance to alternative religions, races and cultures.
- Encourage self-control and self-respect through a positive discipline policy.
- Take an active interest in the care and respect of the environment.
- Endeavour to secure the necessary resources and have a responsible attitude to all new
- To maintain a caring policy towards all members of staff.
Currently Key Stage 1 is organised into four classes to ensure that all infant children are taught in
groups of less than 30. Until the new Standard Number phases through the Key Stage 1
organisation will be adjusted year on year until all three year groups are 30, at which point Key Stage
1 will become three single age-group classes.
Key Stage 2 is organised into single age-group classes of 34.
Pupils at Healey follow the National Curriculum. The Reception children follow Foundation Stage
Early Learning Goals. Key Stage 1 covers Year 1 and Year 2. Key Stage 2 covers Years 3 – 6
The National Curriculum sets standards of achievement in each subject. Pupils climb up the levels
as they get older and learn more.
primary schools in Rochdale,
secondary schools in Rochdale,
schools in Rochdale