|Holy Family Catholic Primary School|
|Lytham Road, Warton, PR4 1AD, UK Preston|
+44 (0)1772 633623
We are a small, rural Catholic primary school serving Holy Family Parish which covers the villages of Warton & Freckleton, midway between Preston and Lytham St Annes in the area of Lancashire known as the Fylde. We are conveniently placed for the major employers of the community, BAE SYSTEMS and the Land Registry.
- To educate the child as a whole person, by stimulating and encouraging his many and diverse interests through the provision of a variety of experiences.
- To help the child to acquire knowledge, skills and practical abilities.
- To foster an appreciation of the arts and sciences, and of human achievements connected with these.
- To help the child to want to use his knowledge and skills for his own enjoyment, to further his own interests, and to make a useful contribution to society.
- To develop in the child a sense of self-respect, self-motivation and independence.
- To help the child to recognise his place and his responsibilities to the society in which he lives, to acquire tolerance and respect, and a set of values and beliefs
An Infant Department consisting of a self-contained cloakroom/toilet area and two large carpeted classrooms. These are separated by a well-equipped resource area, which is used for painting, sand and water-play. The Infants enter school through their own door at the rear of the building.
A Junior Department consisting of a self-contained cloakroom/toilet area and three main teaching areas. There is a communal work area which houses Technology, Art and Science resources.
A Central Administration block connecting the Infant and Junior Departments. Also sited centrally is a multi-purpose Hall, which is well equipped for PE, and where children gather for daily Assembly. A newly-built, fully-carpeted library is timetabled for use by every class.
The general aims of the curriculum of the school are to extend the children's knowledge of themselves and the world around them, to develop their skills and ideas as individuals and to help them to relate to others. These aims are not identified with individual subjects but pervade all the work in the school.
In each subject, children follow programmes of study, working towards attainment targets. Sometimes the different subjects will be linked and studied in a 'topic',
The school's curriculum recognises the importance of personal, social and moral development, and the needs of individual children. We try, therefore, to ensure that there is curriculum continuity, careful matching of activities and progression.
The school tries to provide various opportunities for pupils to develop skills and interests extra to the curriculum This is particularly so in the Junior Department.
The following activities are available at different times of the year, either in Season or when appropriate.
- Science Club
- Art Club
- French Club
- Football, Netball, Skittleball, Kwik
- Cricket, Athletics, Supahoc, Rounders
primary schools in Preston,
secondary schools in Preston,
schools in Preston