|Holy Infant & St Anthony R C Primary School|
|Mitre Street, Astley Bridge, BL1 6QJ, UK Bolton|
+44 (0)1204 333111
Holy Infant & St. Anthony RC School is a primary school maintained by Bolton Local Education Authority and lying within the Roman Catholic Diocese of Salford. The school admits children from 4 to 11 years.
The school serves the parish of Holy Infant & St. Anthony, Astley Bridge, and caters principally for children who are baptised Catholics and whose parents intend to raise them in the Catholic faith.
- Enable each child to develop in mind, body spirit, feelings and imagination
- Ensure that prayer and worship become real and personal experiences which inspire all that we do in school
- Support parents in their role as the first educators of their children in the ways of their faith
- Encourage respect for and valuing of all people
- Enable each child to reach their full potential by providing an enriching and relevant curriculum
- Promote learning as a lifelong process for all, which benefits the whole school family
- Promote positive attitudes so that children develop as good citizens
- Ensure the safety and welfare of all our children at all times
- Promote healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle for all members of our community
As a Catholic school, our faith is central to all that we do.
We aim to work with families and our parish to support
children in their spiritual and faith development both
through the more structured Religious Education
curriculum and through our ethos and attitudes towards
one another and God.
All classes follow the Salford Diocesan Guidelines –
REvision 2000 – which provide a consistent programme of
Religious Education throughout the school.
The curriculum is supported by a variety of celebrations and acts of worship throughout the school and year.
We provide a range of extra- curricular activities for a variety of age groups. At present these include football (boys and girls), dance, art, cookery, gardening and choir. We also have close links with the ‘Kids’ Pavilion’ club which provides before and after school care and runs a holiday club. This facility is used on a regular basis by many of our children.
primary schools in Bolton,
secondary schools in Bolton,
schools in Bolton