|Low Demesne, Ingleton, LA6 3DY, UK Carnforth|
+44 (0)1524 241592
Ingleton is situated in the Yorkshire Dales on the edge of the National Park and is known for its surrounding countryside that attracts walkers, pot-holers and general tourism. The nearest large towns are Lancaster and Kendal which are each about 17 miles away.
Ingleton Primary School was built in 1973 to a semi open plan design and enjoys attractive, extensive grounds. The school serves a caring community for children aged between 3 and 10 years. There is a tradition for providing a good standard in primary education.
- a caring place where everyone feels secure, valued and quality relationships are important.
- a positive place for developing and celebrating high standards.
- a successful place where individuals work hard to fulfil their own potential.
- a place where fairness, honesty, trust and a sense of belonging are promoted.
- To develop pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness and prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life
- To raise standards of attainment for all our pupils
- To provide enjoyable opportunities for all pupils to learn and achieve
We work hard to make learning enjoyable for all our pupils. We follow National Curriculum guidance and appreciate parental support. Please help us by taking a regular interest in your child's learning, supporting them with homework and discussing any concerns with class teachers.
FOUNDATION STAGE - Nursery and Reception
Children in the Foundation stage of their schooling (Nursery and Reception) follow a curriculum that is appropriate to their needs. This curriculum "feeds" into the national schemes and is based on six areas of development: Personal, Social and Emotional, Creative, Physical, Knowledge and Understanding of the World, Language and Literacy and Mathematical. Early emphasis is on play and interaction with adults in a purposeful and structured environment.
Other activities are made available to our pupils at lunchtimes or after school. Recent clubs have included Badminton, Chess, Football, Hockey, Netball, Running, Tai Chi, Keep Fit and Traditional Dancing. Older pupils are also offered places at Ingleton Middle School clubs when available. We join in many events with other schools and the children regularly socialise and compete at Cross Country Runs, Outdoor Education Days, Cricket Tournaments and Football matches. The Headteachers can also provide information about village events and clubs available to youngsters out of school hours.
primary schools in Carnforth,
secondary schools in Carnforth,
schools in Carnforth