|Martinfield Road, Penwortham, PR1 9HJ, UK Preston|
+44 (0)1772 743531
Kingsfold Primary School is a Lancashire Education Authority (LEA) Community School serving the community of Kingsfold and Penwortham.
We cater for the education of children between the ages of three and eleven years. Children are admitted to nursery during the school year in which they are four and into school during the school year in which they are five. The school can accommodate 245 children.
We wish our school to be one where:
- Imagination is at the heart of the education and teaching
- Each child is helped and guided to reach his/her full potential
- Each child is highly valued and given the help, time and resources they need
- Staff and children are loved and praised
- Staff and children are encouraged to develop and move on when ready
- All are listened to
- The Curriculum is broad, balanced and relevant and is in accordance with
the National Curriculum requirements
- Relationships between staff and parents is one of trust
- The environment is safe for all
- Children and staff share their troubles, worries, hopes and successes
- There are opportunities for all our children to exercise responsibility within
the school community
- A range of sporting activities are offered to provide children with enjoyment and
help them to develop their physical wellbeing
Great emphasis is placed on making the transfer between Home
and Nursery as smooth as possible. Your child will start Nursery on
a staggered basis.
Before your child starts Nursery you will be informed, by letter, as to
whether you have been allocated morning or afternoon sessions.
Also you will be given an induction programme, which sets out the
procedure for starting Nursery. Our admission programme is based
on good early years practice. Also, a home visit by the Nursery
Teacher and Nursery Nurse is offered to all parents of children
There will be a meeting for parents, and at this meeting you will be
given a Nursery handbook.
At Kingsfold we deliver the National Literacy Strategy, the National Numeracy Strategy and the
National Curriculum to all children at Key Stages 1 and 2. The subject areas are as follows:
The children in the Nursery and Reception class follow the Foundation Stage Curriculum.
Visits out of school, visitors, books, pictures, artefacts and television are all used to enhance the
teaching and learning in school. All the children in school have the
opportunity to use Information Technology to communicate and handle
information and develop an understanding of control technology. The
school has a small networked computer suite and computers in all
classroom bases are linked to the internet.
- Information & Communication Technology
- Design & Technology
- Art & Design
primary schools in Preston,
secondary schools in Preston,
schools in Preston