Lea St. Mary's Catholic Primary School was founded in 1850 and now serves the parishes of St. Mary's Lea Town and St. Robert's, Catforth.
It is situated in the village of Lea Town in a quiet rural area. The school playing fields overlook local farmlands, whilst opposite the school is the Church of St. Mary's. The children come from the local farmlands and the western suburbs of Preston. The isolated nature of the school means that pupils have to be transported, many by the school bus.