|Leigh Central Primary School|
|Windermere Road, WN7 1UY, UK Leigh|
+44 (0)1942 673810
Leigh Central Primary school occupies a site very close to Leigh town centre in the Borough of Wigan. It caters for boys and girls aged between the ages of 4 and 11 years and also houses a Community Starter Group for three year olds, (currently operating 5 mornings and 5 afternoons per week.)
It is easily accessible from all directions and has a local library, art gallery, shops, and parks within easy walking distance. First division Leigh Centurions Rugby League Ground is just across the road.
- To provide a safe, happy, healthy and stimulating environment which is attractive and accessible and where children and adults want to come to learn and develop their full potential.
- To provide a curriculum which has breadth and balance and richness and which meets the physical, emotional, creative, social, spiritual and intellectual needs of all individuals regardless of race, gender, belief, culture or disability
- To offer the highest teaching standards. To hold high expectations for our children in terms of all facets of their development
- To promote and maintain a positive and achievement – based climate of self discipline and behaviour which is acceptable to all members of the school; to encourage individual responsibility, self respect and respect for others and a sensitivity to the needs of others; to develop self esteem
- To support the social development of our children as part of the school and wider community.
- To encourage self confident and independent learners
- To promote awareness of spiritual and moral values, encouraging pupils to recognise and respect religious and cultural diversity
- To encourage effective partnership between school and home
Our curriculum is constantly under review and we strive to promote high expectations and high standards of attainment, reflecting the school’s aims and ethos
The Starter Group and Reception class are known as Foundation Stage and work on the Early Learning Goals and Foundation Stage Profile.
Children in Y1 and 2 are known as Key Stage 1 and children in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 are known as Key Stage 2. Children in these Key Stages follow the National Curriculum, Numeracy and Literacy Frameworks and QCA units The leadership of the school is totally committed to enriching the core curriculum through the arts and creative thinking and the new Primary Strategy will be addressed in the coming year.
The National Frameworks for Literacy and Numeracy are well-established in all classes. We will continue to endeavour to meet the diverse needs of all our children, including those for whom English is not their first language.
primary schools in Leigh,
secondary schools in Leigh,
schools in Leigh