|Leyland Methodist Infant School|
|Canberra Road, Leyland, PR25 3ET, UK Preston|
+44 (0)1772 431914
Leyland Methodist Infant School has a caring Christian Family ethos where everyone works together to nurture and develop the whole child.
To enable all children, within a Christian context:
- to develop fully their ability to use and understand English and equip them with the linguistic skills and confidence to make sense of themselves and the world around them
- to acquire the basic skills of numeracy and to develop a knowledge and understanding of Mathematics as a process
- to develop an enquiring mind and the intellectual and practical skills which will allow them to explore and investigate the world in a scientific way
- to gain an understanding of their own surroundings and of environments, further distant in place and time
- to encourage an appreciation of beauty and develop an aesthetic awareness through the media of the expressive arts
- to instil a positive attitude to physical activity and to health and fitness and to establish an enjoyment of a wide range of activities
- to explore the place and significance of religion, both historically and in the contemporary world, and support pupils in the formulation of their own beliefs, values and attitudes
- to acquire the qualities and skills necessary for the development of themselves in relation to others
- to encourage the development of independent learning skills
- to develop the skills required to equip them for adult life in a rapidly changing society
- to lead a healthy and active life
The school curriculum at Leyland Methodist Infant School is designed to meet the full requirements of the National Curriculum and the Early Years Foundation Stage. It is in line with the curriculum policy statement of Lancashire County Council and the aims and mission statement of the school.
The school’s curriculum provides opportunities for learning in both the lessons taught as part of the school day, and the extra-curricular activities which deliberately extend and enhance the ‘formal’ curriculum.
Children will be taught using a variety of approaches which will include the teaching of the whole class, working in a small group and working individually.
All subjects are taught in accordance with detailed schemes of work devised within the school, which meet the requirements of the National Curriculum. Religious Education is provided according to a scheme of work which is approved by the School Governors.
Tiddlywinks is a self-supporting pre-school class, located in Leyland Methodist Infant School, mainly serving the children who will be starting school the following September.
During term time, Tiddlywinks is open Monday to Friday morning sessions from 9.00am to 11.30am and the afternoon sessions are from 1.00pm to 3.30pm.
Currently there are opportunities for the children to stay for lunch and extend either session by an hour and a quarter for three days, each week, however this could be subject to change.
The pre-school meets all the Ofsted requirements. Mrs Conway, a teacher, leads a team of a committed and qualified staff who provide a happy and caring environment for the children. Well planned and structured activities help young children to progress in all six areas of the DFES’s foundation stage curriculum, ensuring continuity and progression as they move to the Reception class. Tiddlywinks has achieved accreditation through the Pre-School Learning Alliance which is endorsed by the Investor in Children Award.
To find out how to enrol your child or if you would like a copy of the Tiddlywinks brochure, please contact Mrs Conway on 01772 454250.
We see extra-curricular clubs and activities as an extension of our school curriculum, which provide children with the opportunity to extend and enrich their learning in different subjects beyond the end of the school day. The following clubs are currently offered at different times during the year.
These clubs are run on a voluntary basis and we encourage the older children to take part.
- P.E. / Dance
- Guitar / Music
primary schools in Preston,
secondary schools in Preston,
schools in Preston