Around 1850, St. Cuthbert's Day School was the only Church of England school serving the Parish of Lytham.
This school was already full, so in 1851 St John's School was opened. This was sited in South Warton Street, adjacent to St John's church.
Our present school building, in Park View Road, was opened in 1975. St Cuthbert's Day School and the old St John's School were closed and we became known as Lytham Church of England Primary School, serving both the Parishes.
The latest improvements to the school took place in 1999 when a new two classroom extension was added to the lower junior wing.
These changes have provided much-improved teaching facilities and we can now offer 8 class bases, housing approximately 250 children.