|Manor Road Primary School|
|Manor Road, Clayton-le-Woods, PR6 7JR, UK Chorley|
+44 (0)1772 335699
MANOR ROAD is a community primary school currently catering for approximately 245
children aged from four to eleven.
There are eight modern teaching bases with associated resource areas providing
excellent facilities for our eight classes. This allows small group as well as whole class
work. There is a multi-purpose hall used for assemblies, PE and as a dining room. We
have well-stocked libraries with computers and interactive whiteboards in all
classrooms. Outdoor facilities include a hard play area and extensive grounds within
which we have sports pitches, a pond and wildlife areas.
Our Mission is to:
- have strongly established values which form the foundation for all we do.
- promote positive behaviour in partnership with parents/carers to ensure all children are equipped with essential social skills.
- provide active and exciting learning and teaching, enabling everyone to achieve their potential.
- ensure that pupils possess skills for the 21st Century, especially in ICT.
- provide the whole school community with the opportunity to experience a wide range of sporting and other extra curricular activities to enrich their lives.
- communicate openly with staff, pupils, parents/carers and the wider community.
- provide a safe, clean, attractive environment which enhances the learning experience.
In the Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1, children are taught in four classes of fewer
than 30, two of them having mixed ages. In Key Stage 2, they spend most of their
time in classes with children of a similar age.
Children work at an individual level, as whole classes and in small groups in order to
match work to their personal needs.
The Early Years Foundation Stage covers the education of children from birth to five
years and this is followed in reception class and into year 1 as appropriate for
individual pupils. The Foundation Curriculum, based on the early learning goals, is
planned to lead smoothly into the National Curriculum at Key Stage 1. The Foundation
Curriculum stresses the equal importance of the six areas of learning.
These vary according to the interests and strengths of individual members of staff. At
present the following activities are offered.
- Sports: Football, athletics, swimming, badminton, rounders, rugby, tennis, judo,
- Sports Days
- Inter-school sports tournaments
- Music : Choir, recorders, keyboard, brass, guitar, violin, cello, percussion,
- Arts: Dance, drama, story & poetry club, knitting club, annual
- Outings, trips, residential activity holiday
- Themed weeks eg Health and Fitness, Book Week
- Local quizzes and other activities at High
- Schools eg Maths Challenge
- School Council
primary schools in Chorley,
secondary schools in Chorley,
schools in Chorley