|Mayfield Road, OL1 4LG, UK Oldham|
+44 (0)161 624 6425
Our school aims to develop the fun and excitement of learning through an appropriately challenging curriculum. To achieve this aim we encourage a working partnership between home, school and the community.
We have great fun at our school and currently we are focusing on extending our creative curriculum. We include performing arts, music, and drama as weekly activities for many of our pupils. Our research involvement with NFER - drama into writing - has been published. OFSTED were so pleased with our curriculum that it was graded 'outstanding'.
- ensure that the school is an organised, happy and secure place where children can learn effectively.
- encourage children to become confident, responsible individuals who have respect and tolerance for other races, religions, beliefs, values and opinions.
- encourage children to work together and behave appropriately in a spirit of mutual respect and co-operation which encourages them to be responsible members of the school community.
- to develop the ‘whole' child – emotionally, spiritually, intellectually and physically within a challenging learning environment.
- strive for excellence in all we do in providing quality teaching and learning situations, using the best quality resources within the constraints of the school budget.
- provide a rich variety of activities within a broad balanced curriculum which gives the highest priority to literacy and numeracy.
- provide equal opportunities for all, irrespective of race, gender, disability or background.
- ensure children have the knowledge and skills to participate in an increasingly technologial and rich environment
Our out of school activities are extensive - computers, writing, chess, art, French, board games, gardening, football and aerobics. Year 6 are currently able to attend an 'Early Birds' maths computer club at 8.15 a.m. and our popular Kartouche computer club runs each Wednesday morning. Pupils continue to benefit from various sporting activities and Miss Schofield is starting a cheer leading club! Our sports coordinator is Mr. Whittaker and he is working with Blue Coat Secondary School to identify sporting opportunities. Our Year 5 pupils have had the opportunity to attend 'Dodge Ball' sessions at Counthill Secondary School. Fifteen of our Year 5 & 6 pupils are training on the Young Sports Leader Award with Steve and Mark.
A Toddler Club meets in our nursery every Tuesday 1.15pm - 2.15pm. Please toddle along with your child and take opportunity to play together. You can put your child's name down for a nursery place when they are 2 years old. They can start full time nursery if they are 3 years old before 31st August.
primary schools in Oldham,
secondary schools in Oldham,
schools in Oldham