This is the way in which the school cares for the individual child. On entry, a student is placed in a Form. The Form Tutor meets the student each day and aims to achieve the following:
We hope students will turn to their Form Tutor for advice or help.
- To know the child very well
- To become his or her counsellor and friend
- To take responsibility for his or her progress
- To help deal with any problems
- To develop close links with parents or guardians
- To be the first contact for administrative and educational matters.
There are 10 vertically grouped forms in each of 4 Houses. Each House has a member of staff in charge and 2 Student Managers who work as support to the Houses.
Year 7 are a separate unit called ‘Transition’. There is a Head and an Assistant in charge of this section.
The House System will make the large community of Morecambe High School into smaller, friendlier communities. By mixing age groups in the forms each student will become a vital team member with more responsibility. The House System will enhance the cultural and social life of the school and will create a sense of belonging and loyalty amongst students. The House will become the focal point of each student’s time at Morecambe High School.