|Newhey Community Primary School|
|Hawthorne Lane, Newhey, OL16 4JX, UK Rochdale|
+44 (0)1706 847658
The school is a single storey building situated in a pleasant area between the village of Newhey and the Bentgate Housing Estate. It is easily accessible by public or private transport.
The school has seven classes in the main building and the classrooms can be opened to give access to a neighbouring activity area. There are reference libraries and resource areas located in the infant and junior activity areas.
The school also has a Nursery class established in a separate building offering part-time and full-time places. There is a charge for a full-time place.
Newhey Community Primary School is committed to raising achievement and we endeavour to help all children attain their full potential by:
We consider it important that:
- keeping class sizes small
- practising class child centred education
- recognising that all children bring some strengths to the school
- building confidence
- encouraging independent learning and individual initiative
- helping children work alongside each other.
- pupils, teachers, parents and Governors work together
- a broad curriculum is offered which includes National Curriculum Core and Foundation subjects
individual achievements are recognised
- no-one is held back because of their sex, class or culture
- children learn about other cultures and racist ideas are countered
- pupils develop good methods of enquiry.
- nursery classroom and separate outdoor play area
- reception classroom and separate outdoor play area
- infant classrooms, joint activity area
- junior classrooms, joint activity area
- hall and kitchen
- infant cloakroom and toilet areas
- separate junior cloakroom and toilet areas
- accessible toilet facilities for children with special needs and adults
- an entrance area, office, separate staff room, caretaker's room and other storage rooms
- large playgrounds for infant and junior children
- new outside play areas recently installed for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 children.
- large playing fields used for games and environmental work.
- Library area
primary schools in Rochdale,
secondary schools in Rochdale,
schools in Rochdale