|Oldham Sixth Form College|
|Union Street West, OL8 1XU, UK Oldham|
+44 (0)161 287 8000
Ten Reasons to Choose Oldham Sixth Form College
- The widest choice of subjects in the area – so you can choose the combination that is just right for you.
- Highly qualified teachers who specialise in the courses you will be taking.
- Seven study areas for personal study/research outside the classroom, plus a newly refurbished Learning Resource Centre and Library, all equipped with Internet-linked PCs.
- State-of-the-art technology throughout the College.
- Spacious student common rooms, catering facilities and designated outside spaces where you can spend your time between lessons.
- Superbly equipped modern laboratories and workshops.
- A variety of enrichment courses – in areas including sport, first aid and drama.
- Excellent sports facilities and access to our multi-gym.
- Exceptional careers advice, student support and guidance freely available on site from our own highly qualified careers staff and Connexions Personal Advisers.
- Outstanding modern facilities in ALL curriculum areas – providing an excellent learning environment for all our students.
To provide the highest quality education for students in Oldham and the local area so that they are equipped to the very best of their abilities to move onto HE and/or employment.
Five sports centres offer indoor provision for a variety of activities. There are also seven swimming pools across the Borough, while the five long established private golf courses all welcome non-members (subject to club rules). Professional sport is dominated locally by Oldham Athletic Football Club (the Latics) and Oldham Rugby League Club (the Roughyeds).
Oldham Sixth Form College's A/AS level programme covers 46 course subjects ranging from History, Psychology and Fine Art to Electronics, Dance and German. In 2007, Oldham Sixth Form College achieved an overall GCE A Level pass (A* -E) rate of 99%.
Oldham Sixth Form College's GCSE courses are provided for students who wish to improve their GCSE qualifications before progressing to a level 3 programme. The programme covers 6 subjects ranging from English and Maths to Media Studies.
Oldham Sixth Form College's vocational education programme covers 8 vocational areas. Courses are offered at level 2 and level 3 and range from ICT, Business and Health and Social Care to Sport.
primary schools in Oldham,
secondary schools in Oldham,
schools in Oldham