|Whitegate Drive, FY3 9HF, UK Blackpool|
+44 (0)1253 764130
Park School is a Blackpool Borough Council Education Department Community Special School for boys and girls aged 4 to 16 years from Blackpool and surrounding areas. There are currently 154 pupils on roll.
The school is situated in a pleasant area of the well-known seaside resort of Blackpool, approximately one-mile inland from the town centre and sea front. Nearby is the large open space and recreational and sports area of Stanley Park, and in close proximity are the Central School Clinic and Woodlands School for pupils with S.L.D.
This School aims to provide and maintain a caring, safe and secure environment for all pupils by:
This School aims to provide and maintain a stimulating and attractive physical environment which reflects and enhances a high quality of teaching and learning by:
- Ensuring that the health and safety policy and procedures are carefully adhered to and reviewed regularly.
- Ensuring that a designated Senior Teacher is responsible for child protection and for the operation and monitoring of relevant procedures.
This school aims to afford every pupil an equal opportunity to take part in his or her learning regardless of race, religion, culture, gender or special need by:
- Promoting pupil's active involvement in creating a caring, positive and stimulating School environment.
- Ensuring all pupils have an equal access to the curriculum and extra curricular opportunities.
- Regularly reviewing the teaching resources and materials used in School.
- Ensuring the purchasing of new material considers the equal opportunity policy.
The Park School Curriculum will aim to follow the general principles laid down in the
Blackpoo Council Curriculum Document, with a particular emphasis on providing for the
Special Educational Needs of each pupil.
Pupils will have access to the Foundation Stage and the full breadth of the National
Curriculum, having due regard for the relevance to each pupil at their particular age and
The progress of each pupil will be regularly assessed to guide the work of the teachers.
Parents will be kept informed of progress and will be encouraged to participate in the
education of their child through regular discussion and the review process.
Special emphasis will be placed upon the concept of the development of the whole child
through personal, social, physical and spiritual development
primary schools in Blackpool,
secondary schools in Blackpool,
schools in Blackpool